Thursday, September 16, 2010

My how time flies!
So I went to San Antonio two weekends ago to visit with Anthony and it was the best weekend ever. Those of you who are friends with Anthony on FB can see the pics from the Riverwalk, I lack internet in my apartment at this moment and have not found time to put them up. Speaking of my apartment...I'm moved in! YAY! I flippin love it in my new place, but it's still in the process of being lived in. Not all my things are unpacked yet but I am hoping to finish that more this weekend. Pics to come of that as well once it's cleaned up.
Work is completely BUSY but WAY FUN!! This week I worked two 12's and three 8's and am LOVING it even though I am exhausted! It's med-surg but a little different than the average med-surg. The unit I work on is a neuro tele/trauma surgery unit. We get a myriad of things. Literally. Everything from people who are s/p MVA with chest tubes, serious wounds with multiple drains to people who are just here for observation because they are having their intrathecal pain pumps adjusted. It's an awesome unit. At the moment I work days and will for about another three-ish weeks. Then I switch to 3-11 and after that i start nights. I'm really excited!

Other than work, there is nothing interesting going on in my life. It's just me and my apartment in Belton, TX. =]

catch y'all later! (haha...totally texas lingo...y'all...haha)

1 comment:

  1. How exciting Kassie! It sounds like you're starting off your profession on a good note. I just finished my capstone experience at the Mayo on a Medsurg / tele floor. There were days I loved, and days I hated. The days I loved where I'd walk out of the room of a dementia patient to grab a med and come back to the response "Oh hey there! Who are you?" And then the days I hated where 4 high acuity patients have VS q 4 and Neuro Checks q 2!

    I'm glad to hear you're having a wonderful experience. Oh, and by the way, that's awesome that Krysten and Jamie are gonna be working with you soon! That'll be so exciting.

    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete