Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So I am currently in Temple, TX and have started work. I live in the Travelodge which is AWESOME...not. I mean it's not the RItz or anything but it isn't a bad place to be for the time until my apartment is ready. the only thing I don't like is that the crickets here are massive and they like to hang out in my room. Crickets are lucky, I get that but that doesn't mean they don't freak me out any less. I put a towel down in front of the part of my door that I watched one crawl under this morning. It totally freaked me out for sure cause at first I thought it was a spider but then it slid down and I realized it was a cricket. I had three of them in my room this morning. It was not fun. However, when I came back there weren't any live ones that were making themselves known. Just a dead one. I'm hoping it stays that way for the rest of my time here cause they are not welcome in my room, AT ALL. I really hope I didn't jinx myself. Time to un-jinx...Jinx back, double pinkie, round the side, double pinkie, jinx back!! There...I feel better.

This weekend I'm going to visit Anthony! YAY! I cannot wait! I leave Friday and I don't work Monday so I'm staying in San Antonio until Monday afternoon! I'm SO EXCITED!!! Speaking of work, it's massively boring right now. All we do is sit and listen. It's been two days of powerpoints and I'm so glad that they are winding down cause it was getting hard to stay lively in orientation today. I have two more days of GNO, general nursing orientation and I'm not sure what I have going on Friday then I have a 3.5 day weekend! Pictures of this weekend to come. :D

T-minus 2.5 days til San Antonio!! :D
T-minus 10 days til apartment move in and Mom comes!!


1 comment:

  1. I HATE CRICKETS! If there was any one insect God could have left out during the gestational phases of the animal kingdom crickets are definitely them. Oh hey, I hear if you play a violin they will play in synchrony with you - or is that just a James and the Giant Peach thing? Either way, you need to get out of that 5 star Travel Lodge and move into your real apartment!

    ReplyDelete